A possible Word select question bug with the 'Whether correct' review option

A possible Word select question bug with the 'Whether correct' review option

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I don't know if this problem is related but we have the following bug with Word Select: even though the quiz configuration review option is set in order not to dispaly correct answers, Word Select indicates them (see screenshot).

We use the latest version of the plugin on a 3.8 Moodle Platform.

Can you help us?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

Re: Help with Word-select.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1.- This discussion is getting longish, could a moderator please split it at Ulrike's post to a new discussion?

2.- I can confirm Ulrike's finding: the correctly selected words are always marked as correct (green background) irrespective of the review options settings. You can also see it when previewing the question, see attached screenshot.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I will investigate.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think it is a bug, I have created an issue on the tracker.
https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qtype_wordselect/issues/37
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ulrike Albers -
Thank you very much!

by Marcus Green -
But I don't seem to have done anything about it.😢
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ulrike Albers -
I meant, thank you for having created the issue!

by Marcus Green -
The latest version of the Wordselect Moodle question type v2.47 has a fix for this issue.
https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_wordselect/2.47/25099
My apologies for the length of time it has taken to fix this. In addition to the fix there are new automated tests that should ensure this issue is tested as new releases are made in the future.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)