Fixing matching question (after quiz completed)

Fixing matching question (after quiz completed)

ved Michael Hughes -
Antal besvarelser: 6
Billede af Core developers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers
We have a matching question type question, with 5 questions (and hence 5 answers) and 1 extra "wrong" answer.
Q1 Answer A
Q2 Answer B
Q3 Answer C
Q4 Answer D
Q5 Answer B
(q6) -- Answer F
(noting that Q2 & Q5 have the same answer)

Once the quiz was completed, it was discovered that the answer for one of the questions (Say Q2) was incorrect. 

The correct answer for the question should be the "extra wrong answer"'s value ("Answer F")

Is the correct way to "fix" this to update the answer for Q2 to be "Answer F", and remove the "(q6) --- Answer F" option?

Michael
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Michael Hughes

Re: Fixing matching question (after quiz completed)

ved Tim Hunt -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers
Sadly, this is not possible. A known problem.

It is bug MDL-5560. Sadly, it is only fixable with a major change (it requires a change in the underlying database structure for this question type) and I have never found time to do that.
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (3)
I svar til Tim Hunt

ved Hugo Ribeiro -
Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers
Tim,
Is it possible a similar thing happens on the "Select missing words" qtype?
I svar til Hugo Ribeiro

ved Tim Hunt -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers
Not necessarily, because "Select missing words" uses a different database structure.

However, I think you to be careful. If you have a question with question text:

Cat -> [ [1] ]
Dog -> [ [2] ]

And choices 1: Puppy, 2: Kitten.

Then, I think it works if you edit the question text to

Cat -> [ [2] ]
Dog -> [ [1] ]

but not if you try to swap the choices.

However, I am not 100% sure, I strongly recomment that you set this up in a test course, and see what happens, before you try making any edits to a real quiz. If you do try it, it would be very helpful if you can let us know what you fine.
I svar til Tim Hunt

ved Hugo Ribeiro -
Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers
Thanks! Made a couple of experiments and found everything is fine if you only change the correct answer (like you've mentioned) to other choice number that belongs to the same group.
If you edit the question and change:
- choice's content OR
- to a choice belonging to another choice group (A,B,C,D,etc)

The student's given answer will change.

Do you think the new question versioning system will be able to deal with these changes?
I svar til Hugo Ribeiro

ved Tim Hunt -
This is exactly one fo the reasons we need question versionning.
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (1)