Managing Selected Students

Managing Selected Students

by Umer Qaisar -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I'm new to moodle, I need to know if there's any functionality available in moodle to label some students and a person can only see those students activities and grades.

I was trying to do it via cohort, I've added students to a cohort but I wanna know how a new role can be created which can only access that cohort activity (view only)

Please help me out.
Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Umer Qaisar

Re: Managing Selected Students

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Unless I'm missing the point of your question then that's what courses and possibly groups are for.

A teacher in a course can only see the activities of students who are also in that course (for example)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Umer Qaisar -
I want a person to see only selected students activities, for example a teacher can see the details of all the students enrolled in his course (which I don't want, I just want a person to view selected students only)
In reply to Umer Qaisar

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Somebody might have some ideas but that's not really the way Moodle works.

A Course is the standard unit of control. Teachers can do what they like in their own course.
In reply to Umer Qaisar

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You will need to explore "groups." If you are new to Moodle, let me warn you that groups is a little advanced.

Teachers can usually see everything, unless you begin messing with "roles." As you are new to Moodle, I don't recommend that yet.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Howard Miller -
Groups won't block teachers from seeing all students. If that's what the OP is looking for.