Gapfill marked out of

Gapfill marked out of

by David Campbell -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

A colleague, who uses the gapfill question type extensively, has an issue when using random questions. In one quiz, he has a maximum grade of 100 and total marks of 100.00. He has one question worth 40 points that pulls random questions from a category with three questions. Each question has four sentences. Three of the sentences in the question have one gap to fill, and the fourth sentence has two for a total of five gaps per question. When looking at them in preview mode, two are marked out of 10, and one is marked out of 7. Why aren't all three marked out of 10?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Campbell

Re: Gapfill marked out of

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I cannot think of any question type reason why it would mark as expected. An xml export of the questions and a screen shot might help. Gapfill sets each gap to be worth 1 mark, but the actual mark can depend on the quiz/context.
I am assuming you are referring to this question type
https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Gapfill_question_type
Rather than a generic reference to fill in the Gaps, e.g. the core Cloze question type.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The grade when you preview the question on it's own is not the same as the grade when the questoin appears in a quiz.

(Though, possibly, when you use the option to preview a question from the screen where you build your quiz, then we should probably make it pick up the grade of the question in the quiz, rather than the default grade inherent in the question. Feel free to create a tracker issue for that, someone.)

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Marcus, I'm referring to your question type. I have uploaded two xml files: one for the question that is marked out of 7 and another that is marked out of 10.  I have also added screenshots of what I'm seeing.

From the question preview.

From a preview of the quiz. This is the question that shows marked out of 7 in the question preview.