The backup process stops at 95.42%

The backup process stops at 95.42%

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 10

Salam Alykom

I am trying to backup one of the course.

The process get stock at 95.42%

What can be the reason?

Attachment Backup.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: The backup process stops at 95.42%

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

If you want us to help you, you really need to provide much more details, like Moodle version, backup configuration, ressources/activities included...

Also, have you tried backups with partial parts of the course? Perhaps without the question bank?

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ahmad Amer -

Moodle version is 3.5

When I do the backup without question bank - It works perfectly

Most of the course is quizzes

In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
And if you try to backup only quizzes and question bank, do you have the same problem (i suppose yes)?

So, you should look at how many categories and questions you have in your question bank, and what type of questions you mainly use.

I think you should also look at MDL-63260 and linked items, which can provide useful information.
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ahmad Amer -
Can it be because of the randon quizzes that the course has? The course has many like these!
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have a large system level quiz bank? If so, that is probably the issue.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ahmad Amer -

Most quizzes are at quiz-level (not system, not course level )

In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
How many quizzes are in the course? Are you backing up with user data? Lot of students?

by Ahmad Amer -

About 150 quizzes 

No user data!

In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Emma Richardson -
Ok, I am guessing they have quite a lot of questions and that is going to be your issue. Have you tried with debugging turned on to see if you get specific error messages. You could try extending the time outs in your php settings - or you could just back it up in chunks but that is not very user friendly. You could also try running the backup from the command line instead of the web interface...I think you might need Moosh to do that...

by Beto Boton -
How do you "extend the time outs in your php settings"

Which file contains this time variable?

Thanks