Did you ever try caraoke in a moodle course?

Did you ever try caraoke in a moodle course?

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I found a very interesting german course from Lutz Berger
about creativity, for new ideas, for relaxation ...

Beginn with this little exercise in caraoke.

You will find lots of ideas for the next training. Most in german. But look for yourself: http://www.edu-lab.de/course/view.php?id=3

Ralf
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Did you ever try caraoke in a moodle course?

by Drew Buddie -

melblu dipuntudiblu.

Klatsche Klatsche.

That was a truly truly fantastic find - such an inspirtation.  MAGIC!  Thanks for etelling us about it.

Now why can't *I* think of something like that?

by D.I. von Briesen -

I like it!.... but now i have to relearn german to understand it....

d.i.

by Hideto Harashima -

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for introducing to us an entertaining Karaoke (mind you the spelling, ka ra o ke. I'm Japanese and keen about these things) exercise. I enjoyed it and thought of doing the similar thing on my site. However, I couldn't help but wonder: is it legal to play a whole piece of music (and its rylics) online freely? Isn't this an infringement of copyright? If it's not violation of copyright laws, is it ethically permitted?

Hideto

In reply to Hideto Harashima

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Hideto,

sorry I didn't see your posting  before.  Normaly it isn't legal to use a piece of music. You have to check your local laws. In Germany there are several laws and different right management systems for schools, and companies.

I haven't checked this on this site. The author of this course knows a lot about copyrights and about free music. Please contact him directly.

Ralf

Caraoke as a team effort?

by fridemar dr. pache -
Hi Ralf, you linked to a fascinating site.

As I am new to moodle since today and since this topic is my favorite, I was very glad to find your discussion here. I searched for (science-) songs and oops, landed here.
I would like to start a moodle group, but I need some advice.

Is it possible to instantiate a real life project, together with language/science/music/art -students/teachers, who create together multimedia files and reflect and negotiate in a forum, how to market it, how to find a fair share for each author and sell it via a micropayment provider.
I have some ideas, I would love to share with you.

As an example you might wish to have a look on mathsongs .
Since I am single person, it did cost me a lot of time, to learn the tools and to compose original lyrics, music and graphics into one science song: "Bext".

Bext is an acronym, that expands to "Binomial Expansion Theorem" (pun intendedwink. It is a flash-animated song, with computer-synthesized voice, that exposes the proposition and the induction-proof, together with the sing-along text.

If groups of creative people would join forces, then we could animate complete math courses, low- to highlevel... and we could do it full-time and full-heartedly, on the basis, that we integrated the ecomomic factor.

All the best to all of us
Fridemar
PS.:
  • To enhance the efficiency of our discussion here, I leave a copy of my text in the publicmail section of mathsongswiki . where the topic can be discussed also, if more convenient.
  • To facilitate the building of critical mass, I also "furl it" to the furl-community.
  • My native language is German.

In reply to fridemar dr. pache

Re: Caraoke as a team effort?

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Hi Fridemar,

interesting idea. I don't see problems to realize such a project if you don't want to create the songs online in the course room.

Lets discuss it directly via phone or skype and add the results here again.

Ralf

by fridemar dr. pache -
Hi Ralf,

thank you for feedback. Of course most of the creative work nowadays will be done offline, I guess. But nobody knows how near we are at the "always and everywhere on scenario" wink

Today I installed skype. My adr there is identical with my first name.
I searched for your skad, but found only your phone number. Skype in/out is not yet activated. To reduce costs we need to exchange our skads.
The suggested time, Tuesday afternoon is convenient.

Fridemar

In reply to fridemar dr. pache

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
hi fridemar,

my skypename is my lastname

Ralf

by fridemar dr. pache -
Hi Ralf,

it was a nice talk with you via Skype.
In the end you suggested to narrow my search within moodle to the following two communities:
  • moodle for business uses (for special interest)
  • open social forum (for the broadest framework to get relevant contacts)
My sketched model (here in the forum a bit more detailed) looks like this.

Authors (programmers, lyricists, composers, arrangers, graphic artists) come together in a course. Everybody is teacher and student at the same time. (This is the school-model that the constructionist Seymour Papert called the Samba-School Model).
By this model each participant, learns the tools and methods of their peers, in such a way, that each single person in principle could produce and market a product.
As a fruit of this approach each person could start a first approximation (in our case) of a Math Song as an initiator. Of course, the initiator now can offer license conditions to other people to do derivative work.

Now comes the derivative part, that can be negotiated.

Example:
The endproduct may be a screensaver, producing 6$ per download.
If there is only a single initiating author A0, s/he takes the profit for all components: Lyrics, Music, Graphics (6=2+2+2)

Derivative L or M or G authors get

First Derivative Author Type
Gain in $
G
L
M
GL
GM
ML
MLG

To compute the gain of the n-th derivative author is left as an easy excercise. wink
In our case we weighted the work of L, G, M as 1/3, 1/3, 1/3. Different weights may be negotiated.
In praxi an simple gain transaction-module would redirect the gross income-flow to the accounts of all authors involved.

Note:
  • Different Versions can coexist and it is useful that they exist.
  • Each author shares their income in equal parts with their precursor and also gets the component specific half of their successor.
A wiki-like structure, without monitoring (artists don't like to be disturbed in their privacy, except they monitor each other, e.g. by doing online jam-sessions, what is not feasible currently) would be the right thing.
They produce their work, offer it to the market and get their grades there, supported by special modules of moodle, probably not yet programmed.
The authors negotiate in a forum their conditions of sharing work and income.

Fridemar

by Timothy Takemoto -
Thanks very much for this Ralf

I wish I knew how to do that in macromedia Flash. It is easier for me to do in Swish but even then not that easy. Anyone know any simple Flash animation tutorials?

The song by the way, is used in a Japanese beer advert, and I thought that chorus was "stick ramen" (bou ra-men) but now I know the truth, sort of. What does "bolare" mean?

Tim