Invitation, user account creation and course login

Invitation, user account creation and course login

by Hannu Mattila -
Number of replies: 4

Is there any feature in Moodle (3.10) that allows a course teacher to invite new course participants via email? The email could include a one-time, time-limited link that allows the invitee to log in to Moodle and become enrolled to the course specified in the invitation. A new Moodle user account will be created if needed.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hannu Mattila

Re: Invitation, user account creation and course login

by Jenni Thompson -
This is my exact question too. Did you find any solutions? I need to send invites to my students for self-enrollment. 

Thank you!

Vs: Invitation, user account creation and course login

by Hannu Mattila -
Heips Jenni

A Finnish company called Mediamaisteri produces Moodle services. They have a program suitable for this purpose: "Easylink". It is a commercial product. The price is 750 €. For this reason, it is not suitable for my needs, but is used by “solvent” educational (and other) institutions. More detailed information about the program is provided by Sales Manager Isto Laapio. His email address is isto.laapio@mediamaisteri.com

Regards
Hannu Mattila

Re: Vs: Invitation, user account creation and course login

by Jenni Thompson -
Thank you very much for the information!

Re: Invitation, user account creation and course login

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers
We have developed such plugin (based on the existing invitation plugin). The process is:
1. Admin / teacher invites potential participants. There are several ways:
- copy & paste emails
- select users from system
- select cohort
2. Potential participants receives an email and can choose between "accept" and "deny"
3. Reaction is tracked and in case potential participants clicks "accept" she gets enrolled to the course (without login).

Feel free to contact me here on moodle.org via pm or send a ticket on https://www.emeneo.com/support/scp/

Greetings,
Flotter