Announcements emails not sending

Announcements emails not sending

by Andy Owen -
Number of replies: 6

Hi - we just began using moodle cloud and have started with a round of 6 courses starting tomorrow. We sent an announcement email (forced subscription) several hours ago, but it hasn't shown up in people's inboxes yet. I know there is supposed to be a 30 minute delay, but I'm concerned it just isn't going to be sent out. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Owen

Re: Announcements emails not sending

by Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Hi Andy,

Can you have a look now? I believe the issue should be resolved.

Cheers,

Cam
In reply to Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️

by Andy Owen -
Cameron - thanks so much! Would you be able to tell me what the problem was and what you did? Announcements from our main page still don't seem to be going out yet. So sorry for the trouble.
In reply to Andy Owen

by Cameron 👨‍🦲🟥⚡️ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Cron wasn't running correctly for your site. I ran it manually and saw there were some issues writing to cache. I cleared the cache and ran cron again.

I've just checked, and cron is still running correctly for your site. Can you please double check settings for the Announcements forum (I assume that's the forum having issues?) and if you're still having problems, submit a support request.

Cheers,

Cam

by Andy Owen -
Thank you Cam, the emails are going out now. There is a significant delay even when I select "send now without editing time", but they are going out which is what we needed! Thanks for your help.

by Nitya John -
Hi Cameron
We are having a similar issue. Only the announcements from my site don't go through, rest all the notifications work fine. We use Office 365.
Do you have a clue on where to look for ?
In reply to Nitya John

by Kelly Howell -
Hi Nitya,

Notifications on MoodleCloud sites go out when the crons run for your site. You can learn more about notifications and crons here.

If you are still having an issue with notifications learn more about submitting a support ticket here.

Warm regards,
Kelly