Cannot access Site Admin menu and error showing after installing H5P

Cannot access Site Admin menu and error showing after installing H5P

by Delbert Warkentin -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I recently installed the latest version (1.21.0) of the popular H5P in a 3.10+ moodle version "by accident" (read: me not paying attention to what version h5p is compatible with which is only till 3.9). After that installation I cannot access/open by Admin menu anymore in Moodle. If I manually go to a admin URL (like /admin/plugins.php) then I get this error (see screenshot) My question now is: how do I uninstall H5P without having access to the admin UI? Deleting folders? if so which ones and where are they located?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Delbert Warkentin

Re: Cannot access Site Admin menu and error showing after installing H5P

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
H5P is core in Moodle 3.10 so (as you note) you shouldn't have tried to install the <=3.9 version. If you're lucky, you may be able to simply delete *your* h5p module (mod/hvp) as it lives in a different directory to the core version.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Delbert Warkentin -
Hi Howard, I deleted the folder "h5pactivity", after refreshing the page, Moodle then went through the update database process showing that this folder was missing but continued. After it was done it still showed me the same error. Does that mean I have to do a fresh install? or is there something else that I can "comment out"?
In reply to Delbert Warkentin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Unfortunately, you deleted the new core activity, not the add-on that you installed.

I feel slightly guilty - I should have made that clear.

To be honest, I would download a new, clean copy of Moodle 3.10 and completely replace your code (just retain config.php).