It would be great to see a new feature that would allow students to evaluate all their courses (and teachers) under one new tab via a safe and completely anonymous survey. This could be an integral part of your institution's Internal Quality Assurance.
Advanced features could be:
- instructors' data are automatically transferred from individual courses to be evaluated by students, students who are enrolled in the course can automatically access the courses' respective evaluations
- the instructors' picture are visible while evaluating them personally (useful in case of courses with multiple instructors)
- the option to evaluate would automatically open for students who received their final mark in the course in question (optional)
- advanced analysis would allow instructors to filter their evaluation by the grade students achieved (what score they got by students who barely passed vs. those that excelled) connecting students' grades with the new evaluation data. Option to export evaluation data, or to visualize them on graphs. Option to compare your evaluation to instructors' average or other specific instructors, within your course, or across all courses in general.
- option to make the evaluation mandatory by not allowing students to enroll into new subjects unless they completed the evaluations
- it would also allow survey that are not connected with any subject (e.g. student office, or the faculty in general)
- overall scores of courses and even instructors (optional) would be transparent - visible to students even to those who are not enrolled. Previous years' evaluation included, providing opportunity to track a course's or instructor's (optional) development over time.
- survey question could be of various forms e.g. grading, drop down (who was the best prof?), short answer, long answer, etc.
- Option for managers (Course leaders, student representatives) to access every aspect of the results
Any other suggestion?
I would love to see a function like this in the upcoming update.