I am a newbie and I need help.
I am upgrading a moodle website (which runs on $release = '3.0.10 (Build: 20170508)'; version) to the latest version available. Here are the steps I've followed:
- put moodle under mainteinance
- change the name of the old moodle folder to "old_moodle"
- download the latest available version of moodle from the official website
- unpack the latest available version on my laptop
- upload the unpacked folder from my laptop to my host via FTP
- copied "config.php" from "old_moodle" to the newly uploaded unpacked folder
- via browser, went to the following link "https://mywebsite/moodle/admin"
The error I'm getting is the following: the browser tries to load "https://mywebsite/moodle/admin" and, after some time, I get a 504 Gateway Timeout.
I've noticed that if I don't copy "config.php" to the new moodle folder, I don't get the 504 Gateway Timeout, but moodle starts a new installation.
What can I do?