The session partition is full. It is not possible to log in at this time. Please notify the server administrator.

The session partition is full. It is not possible to log in at this time. Please notify the server administrator.

by Danny Ballingall -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

Got a support issue here, the guy handling the systems has gone away and this is critical,

When going to the vle site the following shows:

"The session partition is full. It is not possible to log in at this time. Please notify the server administrator."

There is an OS drive and a data drive and it appears the OS drive has filled. I have the SSH login and need to sort moving data from the OS drive to the data drive,

Does anyone know the path of the config files to change the default data storage areas and what I can be moving?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Danny

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Ballingall

Re: The session partition is full. It is not possible to log in at this time. Please notify the server administrator.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What is 'OS drive'?  Where operating system and services (web/db) reside?

Since you have ssh, issue the following commands might help in providing suggestions:

uname -an

df -h

In your config.php file of the code for moodle there are variables for various things moodle.   One is $CFG->dataroot  =.  What is that set to?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: The session partition is full. It is not possible to log in at this time. Please notify the server administrator.

by Danny Ballingall -
Hi, Ken.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Linux Moodle-Bitnami 4.15.0-1103-azure #114~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 16 02:39:42 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

bitnami@Moodle-Bitnami:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 956M 0 956M 0% /dev
tmpfs 193M 21M 173M 11% /run
/dev/sda1 29G 26G 3.4G 89% /
tmpfs 965M 0 965M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 965M 0 965M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda15 105M 3.6M 101M 4% /boot/efi
/dev/sdb1 16G 44M 15G 1% /mnt
tmpfs 193M 0 193M 0% /run/user/1000
/dev/sdc1 128G 9.7G 119G 8% /media/DISK1

$CFG->dataroot = '/opt/bitnami/apps/moodle/moodledata';

That is the version, and the df -h aswell as the dataroot setting.

You can see the device sdc1 I basically need to ensure a clean transition so that the data is stored on the 120GB drive so that this error goes away.

Are you able to help?

I was initially just going to move the moodledata to the 120GB drive and change the config so that it points towards that location. But this seems too simple to fix the issue.

Thanks for your help.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Able to help?  Yes.

Move moodledata to the largest partition via mv command.  Update moodle's config.php to point to new location.

You might use du -h on moodledata to assure there is enough space on largest partition before moving.

Removing all files in moodledata/sessions/ would be a temporary fix true, but nice to know should you have need of a quick fix.

Since it appears you have a 'tangled' system (Azure/Ubuntu guest OS/ and bitnami (entire stack) suggest your first resource for issues might need to be Bitnami's forums.

https://community.bitnami.com/

Bitnami might have provided an easy install of entire stack but maintenance etc. is all command line via Bitnami's .sh commands - from what I read..

Also, you've posted in Developer Forum here ... this really isn't a developer question ... next time try to pick an appropriate forum for the issue ... General Help if you can't decide.

'SoS', Ken

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hope that the system (root) partition is different. The best operating system is helpless spilling system partition.

You need to have some access to the file system. Go to the moodledata/sessions directory and delete all those sess_ files.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Danny Ballingall -
Please see the df -h above
I've told deleting the sessions is a very temporary fix