Display directory does not add files to Topic

Display directory does not add files to Topic

by David O'Brien -
Number of replies: 5
Hello
We are using Moodle 1.5 with IIS6 and PHP5/mySQL5. Everything is set up well and authenticating through LDAP.
The problem occurs when trying to "Display Directory" from within a course. I have all my course material uploaded and working ok by using the "Add Resource" action, but wish to show directory content for a folder containing Tutor Resources which will be hidden from students.

When I click Display Directory in the drop menu for the topic of a course, I am taken to the Add Resource page, I add a name, the display directory drop menu contains all of the files I have uploaded and the Directory I wish to display which I add.

When I click Save Changes and am taken to http://mySite.ac.uk/moodle/course/mod.php there is an error of:
"Could not add a new instance of resource"

I have tried to add a new course and varied the order in which I have added resources to the course topic but with the same outcome. The only similar problem I have come across while browsing the forums relates to an issue after an upgrade. We have not done an upgrade, as this was a new installation we started right off with 1.5.
Has anybody experienced a similar problem or know of a "fix"?

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David O'Brien

Re: Display directory does not add files to Topic

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is not a known bug, but I would first recommend upgrading straight away to a more recent version (1.5.3+).

by Scott Horton -
I am having a very similar problem; I am attempting to "Display a Directory" to a social forum. I switch to "Edit" mode, select "Display a Directory" from the "Add a Resource" dropdown in the Social Activities box. This takes me to the "Adding a New Resource" page, where I title the resource, add some text, and select the folder I want displayed to members of the forum. When I click [Save Changes], I get a 404 "Page Not Found" error, looking for 'mod.php'. The path to mod.php appears to be correct, however there is no further text after mod.php in the URL address.

I am running Moodle 1.5.3+ on IIS6 on a freshly installed Win2k3 server. PHP 5.1, MySQL 5.x, all the usual stuff.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Scott Horton
Technology Director
Yukon Flats School District
In reply to Scott Horton

by David O'Brien -

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying. After some research and then finding help by way of a moodle support partner here in the UK, it was traced to the install of MySQL5. There is an issue with reserved words. After going down to MySQL 4.1.18 and getting the latest moodle release everything is now OK. I have been working on it extensively and have not found any other problems.

We now have a set up of Moodle 1.5.3+ on IIS6 on a freshly installed Win2k3 server. PHP 5.1, MySQL 4.1.18

Hope that helps.

Regards

Do I have to reolol back to MySQL 4.1.18 ??

by Stephen Digby -

has anyone placed this as a bug for fixing, as we don't want to be stuck with MySQL 4.1.18 for all time when v5 is out ??

I am not sure if other apps. wioll require MySQL 5 ????

In reply to Stephen Digby

Re: Do I have to reolol back to MySQL 4.1.18 ??

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes these should all be fixed.  Lots of Moodles are running on MySQL 5.