Trainers can't see some of the H5P content types

Trainers can't see some of the H5P content types

by Uwe Klemm -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

despite all research, I can't find a solution to our problem. We are running Moodle 3.8, H5P is activated and synchronizes with H5P.org.
As an admin, I can see and use all H5P content types when creating an H5P activity. Trainers, however, do not see all of them (btw, if I just switch my role to trainer, I can actually see them). When I tried to find out what the problem is I noticed that under website administration / h5p/ content types  some of the activities that are not visible for trainers are there with 2 or 3 different version numbers. I'm not sure why that is - it might be due to us having installed some activities manually before switching to automatically synchronizing with h5p.org. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an easy way to delete older / double versions of H5P in Moodle 3.8?
So, what could I do to to make all H5P content types available for trainers and to delete older versions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Uwe

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uwe Klemm

Re: Trainers can't see some of the H5P content types

by Uwe Klemm -
Hi,

I'm trying to push that a bit.
In the meantime, we updated to Moodle 3.10. After testing both h5p core and the plugin, we'd rather continue using the plugin for the time being (also based on this discussion https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=408251).
However, the original problem with the plugin persists: As an admin, I can create and edit all h5p activities, no problem. If I use a trainer account (not admin), I don't see some of the h5p activities - such as course presentation etc.. I can't figure out why that is so and what to do about it. Checked the content types - they appear to be ok. Checked libraries, seem to be ok. Any hint would be greatly appreciated...
Uwe
In reply to Uwe Klemm

by Beatriz Rojo -

Hi Uwe,

all settings seem to be OK from what you explain. The only aspect I'd check would be the Permissions. I have deactivated  the plugin in my Moodle site, but it should show something like that:

In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Uwe Klemm -
Thanks a lot! I checked permissions, they seem to be ok, nothing is prohibited. Also - I'm wondering: Wrong permissions should affect *all* h5p activities, not just some, right? Just to try it, I allowed userestrictedlibraries, but that didn`t change anything. Hm... Now I'm considering to de-install the h5p plugin and re-install it, perhaps that might help? As far as I see it, this shouldn't affect h5p content already created -the filter should take care of it. Would that make sense?
Thanks again, Uwe