Assignment feedback files sent automatically on submission.

Re: Assignment feedback files sent automatically on submission.

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Velson,

Would it be an option to use activity completion and restrict access to release a page/book/file resource upon submission? Conditional access to such a resource would be my design choice, as the general feedback you describe sounds like too big to put into a single text field. A conditionally available resource would in that case make more sense to me.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Assignment feedback files sent automatically on submission.

by Velson Horie -
Joost
Thank you for these ideas, whose complexity I had never ventured into. And now realise why. I am using 3.9
The aim is to:
i.  The student carry out Experiment 1 (-24 eventually) and Submit the report through Moodle.
ii.  The general Expt01Feedback sheet (11 pages including diagrams etc) is sent to the student immediately the submission is made, in the same way the quiz marks and grading are available automatically to the student. 
iii. Subsequently (and it may be weeks), the tutor marks the report with specific feedback and allocates a grade.

In order to achieve this, I start in the Expt01 page>
Activity Completion and choose "Student must submit to this activity to complete it" {the wording seems a bit peculiar}, which I presume means that the assignment must be submitted. (No end date is required.)

Following https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Using_restrict_access , I added a resource>  Expt01 Feedback file> Restrict access. >

I then switch role from Course Creator to Student. I submit a file for Expt01, but not Expt02.  The Expt01 Feedback is available, but not the Expt02 Feedback one, as it should be.

But there is no notification on the Expt01 page that the feedback is available, only on a separate line in the contents list.  How can I put a message/link on the Expt01 page to open the feedback file?  What alternative methods of notification are available?

I am constantly grateful to those gradually developing and improving Moodle, and also for people who point out what is available.