Add Submission button is...MISSING!

Re: Add Submission button is...MISSING!

by Catherine Zealand -
Number of replies: 2
Thanks Joost. Too much time away from Moodle gave me 'noodle' brain! All working a treat.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Catherine Zealand

by Carl Thelen -
I'm having a similar problem with just one course in Moodle 3.9.6. In every other course, switching role to student and then scrolling to an assignment shows the Add submission button. But, in this one particular course, the Add submission button doesn't show. Neither do the Submission status, Grading status, Due date, etc. Just the description then nothing. But, in other courses, when using the Log in as student feature, I *do* see Add submission. I've checked the start / due dates, file upload is enabled, etc. I imported an assignment from another course (that *did* show Add submission when using Log in as student), and in the problem course the button did *not* show. Then I did the opposite, importing the assignment into another course, and then it *did* show the Add submission button. I tried creating an assignment from scratch, and it *didn't* show Add submission. The content in the problem course was imported from another course, could that have an effect?
I'm very confused! Anyone have any other thoughts? Cheers?
In reply to Carl Thelen

by Doug Stevens -
We had this issue but discovered that the items had been locked in the gradebook. Cleared the lock and suddenly the submit reappeared.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)