v 1.9 where is file that has list of years?

v 1.9 where is file that has list of years?

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers

Does anybody remember anything about 1.9?  I would like the path and file name of the file that maintains a static list of searchable years in pre 2.0 Moodles.  

Background; I check first time logins on a daily basis.  In December I could use the advance filter for users and look at the previous 5 days of first timers and accounts that need to be confirmed.   This month, there is no 2021 year and the default is 1970.  Years ago, I vaguely remember brushing up on my linux and vi text editor commands, then literally adding years to the end of a list.  It is a 2 hour commute to the server in a cold room and my linux commands are real rusty.  

I have no idea what the file is called.  I am looking at user.php for clues in an old localhost.  Any hints will be greatly appreciated.  

By July 2021, improved content from the 1.9  server will join our other instances managed by someone else.  I am looking forward to telling our last server to "shutdown now" for the last time.  

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: v 1.9 where is file that has list of years?

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: v 1.9 where is file that has list of years?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
BRILLIANT!
I would have never found that. there it is in both files on my localhost that has a backup of the 1.9 that I made years ago. In both files the code says:
var $_options = array('startyear'=>1970, 'stopyear'=>2020,

I am schedule to make one of my 2 or 3 times a year "Introduction to iPads, Moodle and Zoom" demonstrations in two weeks. Guess I will budget 30 minutes to visit the server room. Good thing linux uses the good old DOS CD command. Just got to review vi commands to open, edit and save a file.

So Leon, do you think I should change the stopyear to 2030 or 2100 smile

Thank you!!
Chris