Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

by Tanja Böhnke -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am looking to use Moodle to host a number of courses. 

My goal is to have users to create their Moodle account and give them access to a number of free courses. 

However, if they pay (e.g with the paypal plugin) I would like them to have annual access to all courses, not just one specific course.  Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Additionally I need to have a restricted access for some special courses, which is NOT related to payment, but rather to some requirements (I think this I can realize with cohort groups?)

Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction. 

I am running Moodle 3.9.2. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tanja Böhnke

Re: Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I think this might be possible in the future but it currently a one by one course method. However, you could use WordPress Woocommerce and Edwiser Bridge to achieve all of this.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tanja Böhnke -
Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply. Our little NGO team looked at Edwiser Bridge, but it seems the cohort groups are not functioning anymore when using it.
In reply to Tanja Böhnke

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Cohort groups? Where groups are created from existing cohorts that users are in? I think that only works with cohort enrollment (I could be wrong) and if you are doing any kind of paid enrollment that probably won't come into effect anyway...

by Tanja Böhnke -
Yes, Emma.

Maybe I can explain the situation, what we need the moodle. We have two purposes: A library and a study portal.

We are creating a kind of archive in which we will store all teachings of a Buddhist teacher.
It should be possible to pay for a annual membership to get access to the content, however there are certain contents, which can be only made accessable for students meeting certain requirements (e.g. they have a certain Meditation experience or participated in a related live course before). This part we thought to steer via cohort groups.

In future we like to offer also e-learning courses, which are accompanying live courses (if the global situation allows) - the access to those could be paid separately from the "archive/ library" area.

Thank you for your help
In reply to Tanja Böhnke

by Emma Richardson -
Do the students that met the requirements also have to pay or do they just have free access? In which case, you should be able to run both scenarios - the cohort enrollment for the students that meet requirements and the Edwiser connection for the paying students. You just have to make sure that both enrollment methods are active in the course.

by Tanja Böhnke -
Thank you Emma, we asked Edwiser and the answer is:

You can make use of Ediwser Bundle to sell a group of courses as a subscription but it will not work with cohort.

However we might found a solution.

1.) We create a metacourse as our "Archive area" and link all courses, which should be archive-content. Students can enrol with payment by Paypal (can be set to annual).

2.) We found a nice plugin-overview for cohorts here: https://moodle.com/wp-content/events/mootglobal19/TheMoodlecohorttoolkit.pdf and installed the plugin "Restriction by cohort" (https://moodle.org/plugins/availability_cohort).

With this plugin the students, which are enrolled in the metacourse can see the restricted courses and their description, but the sections of the courses are restricted. Students not belonging to this particular cohort cannot open any activities or ressources.

Now we do not know how and if we can steer different options for the metacourse enrolment: Like: Free Trial for 7 days; 50 EUR for x days; 75 EUR for y days) - In case you have an idea on that .... wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)