Login query. Hope I'm in right place ...

Login query. Hope I'm in right place ...

by David Shields -
Number of replies: 1

Sorry if this is inappropriate location - don't stomp me too hard. I'm a php developer, just getting to grips with moodle, which is impressive but huge!

If anyone knows which program I should be modifying, I'd be most grateful !

I'd like to modify our moodle so that if accessed on our extranet (ie they have visited myschool.org and logged in through apache LDAP validation), it automatically logs user in. I know that php is aware of $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] when this validation has happened, but I'm unsure as to which php program to modify to detect this and say moodle is logged in.

When I get this sorted, my next task is to use mod_ntlm to check for domain login on the intranet, which will be fun !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Shields

Re: Login query. Hope I'm in right place ...

by Juan David Martínez Pavony -

Hello David.

If I understand well, you have your Moodle into an extranet WEB site (maybe a frame or a link). Users login first at myschool.org using LDAP, then you want to single sign on them into Moodle so they do not have to type any user-password again.

I suggest have a look at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=40858#187936 It can be an starting point.

Good luck.