PDF generation? Suggestions?

PDF generation? Suggestions?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 6
Hi there,
we want to export wiki contents to PDF format, so we are looking for a PDFwriter library. PDFlib is the best option but requires license payment, so I will not use it.
We found http://www.fpdf.org and seems to work, but I han't found any licencing terms... Any suggestions, before we start coding?
Regards
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: PDF generation? Suggestions?

by Just H -
Hi Ludo

As far as I can see there wouldn't be any problems withFPDF.

Quote from FAQ:

"1. What's exactly the license of FPDF? Are there any usage restrictions?

"FPDF is Freeware (it is stated at the beginning of the source file). There is no usage restriction. You may embed it freely in your application (commercial or not), with or without modification. You may redistribute it, too."
In reply to Just H

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Ludo,

I'm looking forward to your new wiki. You might want to install the certificate module and have a look. It outputs data to a pdf file using fpdf -- it also has fonts you might need. Basically, you would include the fpdf folder in the wiki mod folder. Then create your pdfoutput.php file with your arrays and include the fpdf.php file from the fpdf folder, and then you'll need lib for your output file that includes your functions.

Chardelle
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by daniel ginerman -
oh, it seems to be you are on the way to produce something that interests me so much too... smile
i'm just watiing a bit anxious for your news... to produce pdf from forums posts is a kind of long-dreamed target to reach.
please update us when you are done!
thanx in advance,

daniEl
In reply to daniel ginerman

by Julian Ridden -
Would it be an idea to add fdpf to moodles core library? I can see more and more modules with a need now or in the future to use this, and especially as it's freeware, could add new functionality for developers with zero cost to moodle.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Just H -
Hi Ludo

Stumbled across this earlier, not being a developer not sure if it's any use or not but thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case.

Regards
H