General Plugin Update Problems

General Plugin Update Problems

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 2

I’ve just updated our Moodle from 3.8 to 3.9.  That part all good, no issues.

When I’ve checked plugins to find a few needing updates.

No install button shows it used to and even trying to do it via downloading the zip and uploading that in Moodle generates a write error.

* context we moved from a paid shared server to a paid dedicated server earlier (which came over as 3.8 fine - no plug-in updates were made at that time).

Checking the ownership and group are both my server login no different than it was on the other host AND the folders and files are all the correct write settings.

I’m seeking host end assistance too but I was hoping someone may have had similar problems and knew the solution.

Everything else seems to be fine.

Jayden

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Ang: General Plugin Update Problems

by Preben Pedersen -
Everytime i upgrade a Moodle installation through FTP, it changes the ownerships.

I know you say your write settings are correct, but it seems weird that it would get a write error when you try to upload and install a zip-file.

Everytime i get those, i change the ownership of the target folder like this in terminal:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/MOODLE/theme

Would you be able to post your error message?
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Ang: General Plugin Update Problems

by Jayden Tyronian -
Hi Preben

Not long after you posted your reply, I had that thought as well and checked and did a chown change to see and it was working as I orginally expected it to. So thank you so much for replying and confirming that it was the problem. Too used to a paid shared host and not having to do that.

Regards
Jayden