Description In lesson

Description In lesson

by Alaa Saeed -
Number of replies: 4

Dears,

The description in the lesson is required, is there any way to make it non-required, hope that you guide me how to do this or from where i can do the change to make it not mandatory.

Best regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alaa Saeed

Re: Description In lesson

by Paulo Paiva Paiva -

Hi! I have a similar question. (updated with new info)

With the new 3.8 realease, Lesson pages show the description in every page inside a Lesson. 

In my case, this makes it very confuse and redundant because in every Lesson page I know have the same text paragraph (usually five lines of text) with a description of what is going on in that lesson, and also the same image appears in every page... 

Because of this change, I will have to change/correct almost all my courses... This is quite anoying and a redundant feature in my case. The argument of consistence with other activities goes against the argument of the flexibility - one should be able to decide to show the description in every page inside a Lesson or not.

Is it possible not to show the Lesson description inside a Lesson? What am I doing wrong? (example in attachment)

Thank you!

Attachment example1.jpg
In reply to Paulo Paiva Paiva

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Paulo,

The only way I have found to deal with this is to hide it in the theme css. The following css should hide it for all Lesson pages. This css works in Boost and in most of the Boost child themes I use.

body#page-mod-lesson-view #intro {
display: none;
}

You are quite right this should be an option. It is wrong to force this on and doing so completely ignores the way Lesson pages work and how a Teacher or course designer may wish to use it. This is a yet another example of what Emerson called "a foolish consistency."
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Paulo Paiva Paiva -
Hi Randy!

It worked, thank you a lot!
Althoug I already fixed some of our courses, this new input fixes everything.

I have the Academi theme.

Once again, thank you!
In reply to Paulo Paiva Paiva

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Paulo,

Glad that works for you. It is nice to know it works with Academi theme as well.

Randy