Onscreen Notifications with Moodle 3.9 in Collapsed Format?

Onscreen Notifications with Moodle 3.9 in Collapsed Format?

by Frank Fucile -
Number of replies: 2

Hello there - we recently upgraded our Moodle to 3.9 and I received the following feedback from one of my instructors:

************************************************************************************

Since the recent Moodle 3.9 update, certain activities with associated due dates or submission settings, now have this information appear on the main course page. This only seems to be the case in the collapsed topics format and not in the other formats. I tested in regular topics and weekly formats but did not test grid or onetopic. It also seems to be inconsistent in how the information presents. I turned on collapsed topics format in one spring course, and the information wasn't there, but then I clicked on one of the activities and after I went back to the main page, it now showed the due date and submission information. See screenshots below.

Collapsed topics format:

Regular topics format:

Can we please turn this off? It appears to be an admin level setting, possibly having to do with a forced theme. Not sure, but we have not been able to find a way to turn it off at the instructor level.

************************************************************************************

cheers

frank

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Fucile

Re: Onscreen Notifications with Moodle 3.9 in Collapsed Format?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Currently can only be done at site level. Course level probably when https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/issues/80 done. Won't be this year though.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Onscreen Notifications with Moodle 3.9 in Collapsed Format?

by Frank Fucile -
Thank you Gareth for the quick reply much appreciated - I will let the instructor know - cheers frank