Displaying Grading Summary For External Tool Assignments

Displaying Grading Summary For External Tool Assignments

by Matt Jardine -
Number of replies: 1

The instructor view of assignments includes a 'Grading Summary' section, where the student's submissions are listed.

assignment with grading summary section

I work for Noteflight, an LTI Tool Provider. When I configure Noteflight as an External Tool, the assignments don't have this grading summary section.

assignment without grading summary

This is with the 'IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services' option set to 'Sync grades and column management', but I have tried all of the different settings for this.

When a student submits the assignment from Noteflight, moodle responds positively

```
#<ImsLti::OutcomeRequest:0x00007fc418b60038
  @code_major="success",
  @consumer_key="BasicLTI",
  @consumer_secret="QnpkF5/Z19hDmTG9A9AQ9P0zTAgY6/kYgul2g0XAu8Y=",
  @description="Grade replace response",
  @lis_outcome_service_url="http://localhost:8888/moodle39/mod/lti/service.php",
  @lis_result_sourcedid=
  "{\"data\":{\"instanceid\":\"7\",\"userid\":\"4\",\"typeid\":\"1\",\"launchid\":284312746},\"hash\":\"2fef7efcf6e3d614b0b5a481be42e4c750e1a1a5325630ed0f5b460f8c25e664\"}",
  @operation="replaceResult",
  @outcome_url=
  "https://moodlematt.learning.localhost.noteflight.com/scores/view/1e3770379ae39dfc41d278b3b52e108fb189343b?sipa_params=allow_access&sipa_key_id=6&sipa_nonce=4755d0af&sipa_expiration=1924196292&sipa_signature=fGAS822jeYR2CMh%2BClkvYh6vru4%3D&allow_access=true",
  @post_response=#<Net::HTTPOK 200 OK readbody=true>,
  @score=1>
```

But the grade doesn't seem to be anywhere to be found in Moodle. 

We are using LTI 1.0 (Basic LTI)

Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Jardine

Re: Displaying Grading Summary For External Tool Assignments

by Jake Dallimore -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Matt,

That first view (Grading Summary) has nothing to do with LTI. It's a view specific to the Assignment module in Moodle. When you return grades from your tool (and assuming it's successful), then you'll see the grades listed in the course grade book, which you can access from the left navigation pane.

Hope that helps
Jake