Documentation tool doesn't report to the gradebook

Documentation tool doesn't report to the gradebook

by Jean-Baptiste BOUGNET -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

we've upgraded to Moodle 3.9 and since then :

1. when using Documentation tool from H5P plugin, Documentation tool activities is only saved erratically to the gradebook. Sometimes, learners' work is saved, sometimes it's not saved to the gradebook.

2. when using documentation tool from the core activity H5P (content bank), learners' work is never saved to the gradebook.

Did anyone step in the same problem ?

Is-this normal behavior ? The new core activity H5P doesn't allow saving documentation tool activity to the gradebook ?

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean-Baptiste BOUGNET

Re: Documentation tool doesn't report to the gradebook

by Oliver Tacke -
Hi!

Students need to actively submit their answers on the export page using the checkmark button, if I am not mistaken.

As far as I know, the moodle core version doesn't have a "enable reporting flag" set that some H5P content types check for (here https://github.com/h5p/h5p-documentation-tool/blob/master/documentation-tool.js#L46). In that case, results cannot be submitted, because the checkmark button is not shown.

Best,
Oliver
In reply to Oliver Tacke

by Jean-Baptiste BOUGNET -
Thank you Oliver for your response.
Your point is interesting, because when I edit the documentation tool within the content bank, the checkmark button doesn't show. It's logical, considering that there is no gradebook linked to the content bank.
But when I insert the documentation tool within a course from the content bank (moodle core version), and that I'm log in as a student, the checkmark button is present. Anyway, I've tried to save my work, but it doesn't show up in the gradebook.
And using documentation tool from the H5P plugin, the saving works erratically, since the upgrade.
Regards,
Jean-Baptiste
In reply to Jean-Baptiste BOUGNET

by Oliver Tacke -
I may well be wrong about the presence of the H5P reporting flag in moodle core - I rarely use moodle.