Collapsed topics - change arrows via theme?

Collapsed topics - change arrows via theme?

by Joanna Beaver -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello

I am using the collapsed topics format and wondered if it were possible to change the toggle arrows to a different arrow icon via a custom theme? Or does it have to be done in the plugin itself? I am hoping for the method that would keep future plugin upgrades simplest.

Best wishes

Jo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joanna Beaver

Re: Collapsed topics - change arrows via theme?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Go to your course, Edit Settings, Course Format, and finally "Icon set." Gareth has built in a lot of standard options.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Joanna Beaver -

Thanks for your response Rick.

I’m actually building a custom theme and need to change the icon completely, to one that matches the design I’ve been given. 

Maybe this post should be in themes forum, I wasn’t sure exactly where to put it.

What I wanted to know was can I change the toggle icon via the theme (like we can for activity icons etc) or must I do it via the plugin. 

Best wishes 

Jo

In reply to Joanna Beaver

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Gareth might be able to help you better than I can, since I use icons that he provides.

My guess is that you can add some custom CSS that points to your own icons. I am not a theme developer, so can't help with that. Perhaps in the "worst" case, you can manually replace the standard icon with your own. These icons exist in moodle/course/format/topcoll/pix.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Joanna,

A few ways this could be done depending on your situation. So would be a 'support consultancy' type thing = time = money.

Kind regards,

Gareth
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Joanna Beaver -

If I had money I might 😀 Not to worry, I’ll figure something out. Thanks anyway

Best wishes 

Jo