Courses in a Program setup

Courses in a Program setup

by Alex Gagné -
Number of replies: 0

Hello all,

My organization has been using Moodle for a while now and I'm wondering how I can improve the way we are doing things.

We need to deliver a program that has multiple modules in it. Since, depending on the topics, the teacher may change, we choose a topic/course based strategy, means that each teacher has its own course.

We enroll participants in a «Home» course and with the «Course Meta Link» plug-in we do the enrollments to all the related courses.

We made this solution work but it has its flaws, like fitting a square peg in a round hole! Participants often get lost between courses, we don't get a unique, or combine grade book, etc.

• Is there another way that Moodle can be utilized to provide a more «program» based environment? 
  • How the bigger institutions (University/College) manage their programs that contain several courses and have to report on all of those course completions? 
  • The front page can't be used to act as a Program Home page as our Moodle instance is used by several learners populations,

Thanks for your help!

Alex

Average of ratings: -