not sure if I'm on a correct path.
Official instructions (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Upgrading#Standard_install_package) say, that I should never overwrite running Moodle installation with updated files. So my procedure is:
1. rename /var/www/html to html_bak
2. mkdir html
3. cp to html from git pulled folder
4. cp config.php to html from html_bak
5. visit moodle to trigger installation/update
6. start copying all the missing from disk plugins (having around 20 plugins all over the root folder)
7. finish update.
Step 6 is the problem. It takes so much time everytime I have to update. I do care for 8-10 separate Moodle installations on same server farm.
Would it be better to move plugins to separate folder outside Moodle's root folder and symlink folders back into Moodles root and then have script, that handles symlinking after step 4?
Or would be better to create script that only copies all the folders back, old and new folders root is hardcoded into it?
Or is there a more simple way that I'm not aware of?