Special Case: I Need a Date in the Certificate when Student earned a Systemwide Badge

Special Case: I Need a Date in the Certificate when Student earned a Systemwide Badge

by Simon Eckmiller -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Mark, Hi Eververybody,

I´m responsible for a Technical Training Plattform, where People could achive Badges by passing several Courses. And we use Learning Plans.

In order to understand my problem I have to elaborate a bit, but it is about the matching date field in the Custom Cert.

We have three levels in our learning offer, the easy courses, a medium degree which is the result of 6 of the courses and a high degree for which you have to have successfully completed 13 courses.
Students get a badge for each individual course if you pass the course.

I have now set up two learning plans using "Competencies" that award system wide badges when a student gets the mid or high award.

The problem I'm having now is that I have a separate course that kind of just serves as a summary and provides a place to download the certificate, so when I provide the certificate for download there, there is no way to get the date from the parent badge into the certificate. I also don't have an activity or course completion that I can access.

So the solution to the problem would be if there was a "learning plan" compliant solution. I was hoping, since learning plans are a native Moodle technique, that there would be a solution for a case like ours.

The fact that we create a badge at the end of the learning plan is secondary, even if there are several plugins that use such a badge as a trigger.

My point is simply that we need a date field that uses the date of completion of the corresponding learning plan.

BTW, I´m no native speaker, so I hope you understand me.

Average of ratings: -