Assignment showing 'Not graded' with only feedback

Assignment showing 'Not graded' with only feedback

by Cathy McLelland -
Number of replies: 1

Hello all,

I've searched through the forums and cannot find a solution to this question, but my apologies if I have missed it:

I have a piece of coursework on my programme for which students will receive feedback by way of an uploaded feedback form, but no numeric grade. To make it easier for me to keep track of whose coursework I have reviewed and provided feedback on, I want to be able to upload the feedback form and have the submission for that student show as 'graded'. However, the status continues to show 'not graded' when only the feedback form is used. It only changes to 'graded' when I add a numeric grade. 

I'm hoping that there is a simple workaround that I have missed and would appreciate any advice.

With thanks,
Kathy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cathy McLelland

Re: Assignment showing 'Not graded' with only feedback

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Kathy,

It may be stating the obvious, but in order for a status to change from not graded to graded, a participant should receive a grade. There are ways to work around this, if your aim is to have a more formative assessment, as I gather from your task description. In that case, I'd recommend setting up a course scale, with a small number of scale options such as (-, Continue your work) or (-, Seen). Of course, in the background, such scale values would be numerical in nature, but to your student, it'll appear as a formative 'Green Light' or 'Go ahead' whilst also sending notification of your feedback to him or her.

Set your assignment up to use this scale instead of entering a numerical grade, save and proceed.

Good luck!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)