How to hide "Site Home" from students

How to hide "Site Home" from students

by Md Aminul Haque Talukder -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I made some courses (e.g. grade 9,10,11 math courses) and assigned students on those courses. Grade 9 students are not supposed to see other grade courses. But when the students see "Site Home" tab on the left panel and if they click "Site Home", they can see all the courses they are not enrolled to.

Can some one suggest, how can hide this "Site Home" from the students so that they can not navigate to other courses where they are not enrolled to. 

I tried: Site Administration > Front page > Front Page Settings

and in the options “Front page” and “Front page items when logged in“  I remove “List of courses” and put none. 

In that case, students can go to site admin but can't see other courses, but even I as an admin can't see the any courses from site admin panel. I need a solution so that I can see all courses from site admin, but students can't.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Md Aminul Haque Talukder

Re: How to hide "Site Home" from students

by Rajnish Rao -
Hi,

To hide this based on role, you would have to tweak in the code. However, here is a plugin available that gives you option to add/remove items in navbar drawer. Though not sure if it helps you as this will remove completely irespective of role.
In reply to Rajnish Rao

by Md Aminul Haque Talukder -
Hello Rajnish, thanks for your reply.
Can you name the plugin? I can give a try.

Amin
In reply to Md Aminul Haque Talukder

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello, the plugin Rajnish mentions is maybe https://moodle.org/plugins/local_boostnavigation

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rajnish Rao -
My apologies.

Thanks Helen!

Yes, this is plugin I was referring to.