what are the latex formatting rules for general feedback?

what are the latex formatting rules for general feedback?

by Martin Kraska -
Number of replies: 2

In a question with units input I try to generate the math stuff in the general feedback using Maxima expressions and {@...@} in order to be more readible at editing time.

However, I wonder why an expression like 

\\[{@'Lambda=ln(A(t)/A(t+T_d))@}\\]

is displayed as

What I am unhappy with is the large space between A and () and A and T being roman instead of italic.

\\[\Lambda=\ln\left(\frac{A(t)}{A(t+T_d)}\right)\\]

Where can I find a reference on what to expect in which situation?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Kraska

Re: what are the latex formatting rules for general feedback?

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you using the scientific units? If so, then A and T have a contextual meaning. That is the cause of the notation.

Without units my version of STACK returns: {\Lambda=\ln \left( \frac{A\left(t\right)}{A\left(t+{T}_{d}\right)} \right)}
With scientific units STACK returns: {\Lambda=\ln \left( \frac{\mathrm{A}\left(\mathrm{t}\right)}{\mathrm{A}\left(\mathrm{t}+{\mathrm{T}}_{d}\right)} \right)}
I think that is the cause.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Christopher Sangwin

Re: what are the latex formatting rules for general feedback?

by Martin Kraska -
The question uses units input. As I understand, this triggers "stack_units_si_declare(true)" even if it is not explicitly done in the question variables.

I understand that A might stand for Ampere and T for Tesla or prefix Tera. Yet I didn't use bare A and T but A() as a function and T with an textual index. So why would any definition or display rule for T affect the variable T_d? Texput might not be able to distinguish the variable A from the function A() but T should definitely be handled separately from T_d, shouldn't it?