Problem in global search

Problem in global search

by solmaz naderi -
Number of replies: 9
Hi every one

In our organization, we use moodle to teach organizational software to our colleagues, So all colleagues have access to all courses. (The auto enroll module is used for this purpose and  will enroll as soon as they see a course)
The "Global Search"  module is used to search for courses. But currently the search result will only be displayed to colleagues who have already viewed and enrolled the course.
Would you please help me how can I fix this problem?
Moodle Version: 3.5
(Sorry for my bad English)

Thanks In advance
Solmaz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to solmaz naderi

Re: Problem in global search

by solmaz naderi -
Could anyone help me please?

by C Behan -
Hi Solmaz,
Is it feasible for you to set it that users are auto enrolled on log in (rather than course view?).

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So did you add a global search block in a course? Add it to the front page...most themes allow you to add it to the navbar - do you not see the search icon up there?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by C Behan -
Hi Emma,
My understanding of the problem is that global search will return results from courses the users are enrolled in. If Solmaz's users haven't taken the step of enrolling themselves in particular courses, then the search results will not reflect activities within those courses.
Enabling guest enrollment might be another way to address it?
In reply to C Behan

by solmaz naderi -
Your understanding is completely correct
We use NTLM login and there is not any guest in our site. All users who log in to the site have their information identified from the Active Directory server

by C Behan -

Hi Solmaz,

I don't mean guest access to the site, but guest access on the course pages,

guest enrollment screenshot

As for your Auto Enrolment - it sounds like it is set that users are enrolled 'on course view', not 'on site login'. Check the settings for auto enrol in your course pages. 

Catherine

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by solmaz naderi -
No blocks have been used on the first page and by adding a block our first page will be change. So our preference is to use the menu instead of the block