Moodle Plan that can be used for 10,000 users?

Moodle Plan that can be used for 10,000 users?

by Abdullah Ali Khan -
Number of replies: 3
MoodleCloud's Large plan can accommodate a maximum of 1,000 users, and I'm wondering about the best way forward to purchase a plan that can accommodate 10,000 users, given that my country doesn't have any Moodle partners to discuss custom options. I'm assuming just increasing the user base while retaining other features of the ready-to-purchase Large plan doesn't require a lot of customization and bespoke services, but not sure what the first step should be. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdullah Ali Khan

Re: Moodle Plan that can be used for 10,000 users?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Abdullah,
Because Moodle is an online (cloud) service, unless you really need face-to-face support from a partner, then it really doesn't matter if they are not based in your country itself.
We support a number of clients in Africa from the UK, others support the Asia area from Australia or NZ etc - I'm sure there are other examples around the world.
A partner in your geographical region, even though not your country, would be able to support and provide you with the appropriate next steps to move up from a MoodleCloud set up to a hosted partner solution.

Richard
(Full disclosure - I work for Catalyst, Moodle Premium Partner)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I can second Richards comment. I work for Moodle Partner Titus and we have clients all over the world.
In reply to Abdullah Ali Khan

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

You can have millions of users in your Moodle, as long as they don't do much. It will get demanding once they start to use Moodle in large numbers and generate peak traffic. For that subject there is a dedicated forum, the Hardware and performance forum. Make it a point to read the documentation linked to its header. H&P is also an active forum - the collection of discussions there is a true knowledge base.

Incidentally the search for server hosting belongs to the same forum. It is simple:
- you can have your own server, VPS or dedicated, belonging to you or rented. Where you do both the system administration and Moodle administration.
- or you can delegate the system administration to the server provider or somebody else and do Moodle administration only
- or you go for a full service, i.e. delegate both (well, except for some 2nd level support)

So, to state the obvious, you work less means somebody else works more. Depending on your skills and resources, the optimum could be anywhere!