SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update

- Kodo Mafija の投稿
返信数: 7

Hi,

First of all - we're using system since 2.x ver, so sometimes some inner texts/ files might have different encoding etc . (maybe this could be related)

Now the probelm - we where absolutely fine on 3.8 without ANY TROUBLES , and after we updated to 3.10 + (currently (Build: 20201204))  popup with SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update started popping out for many teachers and pupils . (see screenshots) .

Also i attach server side error log , which alo became huge after update.

PS theres also these line in CRON error execution :
func=xmlSecCheckVersionExt:file=xmlsec.c:line=188:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=19:invalid version:mode=abi compatible;expected minor version=2;real minor version=2;expected subminor version=25;real subminor version=26

If you have any clues where to look for troubles - please let me know 笑顔

Thanks in advance !

添付 moodle_bug1.jpg
添付 moodle_bug2.jpg
Kodo Mafija への返信

Re: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update

- Howard Miller の投稿
画像 Core developers 画像 Documentation writers 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Peer reviewers 画像 Plugin developers
This is usually a symptom rather than the problem - most likely the Javascript is trying to parse an error message

- Switch on Debugging
- Switch on your browser's Javascript Console
- reproduce the problem

Anything in the console (red errors)? Anything in your web server's error log?
Howard Miller への返信

- Kodo Mafija の投稿
Hi
With debug enabled - i'm getting same picture, with no ERRORs only 2 warnings in console . and just some more text in popup which doesnt makes anything clearer sad

Server error has NO ENTRIES during this .

(In fact i can provide with URL / Access personally if you think you can help me on this 笑顔
添付 moodle_bug3.jpg
Howard Miller への返信

- Kodo Mafija の投稿
I Found out that the probable error is genereting here :

https://moodle.MYSITE/lib/ajax/service.php?sesskey=0JkDz23brR&info=media_videojs_get_language

as it returns :

{"error":"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid json in request: Syntax error","errorcode":"codingerror","stacktrace":null,"debuginfo":null,"reproductionlink":null}

However - no error on serverside is generated....
ANy ideas ?
Kodo Mafija への返信

Ats.: Re: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update

- Danutė Pranckutė の投稿

I do not have solution for u, but did you notice that this error pop-up appears only using LT language? If you switch to english or german pop-up disappear.

In my case - this error show only where video is integrated, and video does not play.

Still no answer how to fix 笑顔

Danutė Pranckutė への返信

Re: Ats.: Re: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input after 3.10 update

- Kodo Mafija の投稿
Yes, English seems to fix the problem, but the fact that weve got all teachers on Lithuanian interface, and they are all facing this issue sad
Another link which shows similar bug on MARKING page with no video attached
添付 bugmore1.jpg