Restore an old class in 1.5.3 possible?

Where do you change the timeout setting?

by Erlyn Baack -
Number of replies: 0

Thanks Michael and John, but I'm not having such good luck.  I want to save two composition classes, at least all the students compositions in the forums.  The two classes zipped are 1.5MB and 1.8MB.  I tried the 1.5MB file first saving only the quizzes and the forums, the quizzes without student data and the forums with student data, and it timed out at 3000 seconds.

Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 3000 seconds exceeded in c:\xampp\moodle\backup\lib.php on line 498 the first time (and line 500 the second time).

Where and how is it possible to up the 3000 seconds to 6000 seconds?  Is that number "generated" somehow because I looked for it in both the easyphp and xampp installations before beginning, and I could not find it.  Michael, you mentioned "your server may not have its timeout setting high enough," but is there a file in either xampp or moodle where I can change that setting?  That's my spcific question?  My laptop is a little old, a Pentium 4, 2.66 GHz, 1GB Ram.

Finally, I have already restored both classes on a backup website host, each "restore" taking a very short time, five or ten minutes if I recall correctly.

Of course, this is not a crisis, but it would be nice to have these classes in my own computer. wink 

Thanks again!