after migration od database mysql to oracle how to replace mysql to oracle database for moodle

after migration od database mysql to oracle how to replace mysql to oracle database for moodle

by Anita Jadhav -
Number of replies: 2

Hi team,

I have migrated moodle database from MySQL to oracle now I want to redirect database as oracle 11gr2 any one have idea about same.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anita Jadhav

Re: after migration od database mysql to oracle how to replace mysql to oracle database for moodle

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Please explain what you mean by "I want to redirect database as oracle 11gr2"?

Is there a specific reason why you want to migrate from the most commonly used database engine for Moodle, MySQL, to the least supported one, Oracle?

You're very much on your own if you're going to run Moodle on Oracle... There aren't many people here who use Oracle for Moodle.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anita Jadhav

Re: after migration od database mysql to oracle how to replace mysql to oracle database for moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Running Moodle on Oracle is technically possible but not recommended. It's very unlikely that any plugins will have ever been tested with it.

Also, migrating a working database between database engines is incredibly difficult. They are full of subtle differences just waiting to trip you up.