Could not get an uncategorized id!

Re: Could not get an uncategorized id!

by Jeff Graham -
Number of replies: 3
Hi Josh,

From the MySQL 5.0 reference manual (emphasis added);
salary DECIMAL(5,2)
Standard SQL requires that the salary column be able to store any value with five digits and two decimals. In this case, therefore, the range of values that can be stored in the salary column is from -999.99 to 999.99. MySQL enforces this limit as of MySQL 5.0.3. Before 5.0.3, on the positive end of the range, the column could actually store numbers up to 9999.99. (For positive numbers, MySQL 5.0.2 and earlier used the byte reserved for the sign to extend the upper end of the range.)

So the issue is the 'weight' column's definition: `weight` decimal(4,2) default '0.00'. If you change this to `weight` decimal(5,2) default '0.00' the error will go away. To further explain 4 digits with two decimal places (decimal(4,2)) would allow a value of 100.0 for MySQL 5.0.2 and earlier whereas MySQL 5.0.3 and later stricly enforce a maximum value of 99.99.

regards,
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Josh Coombs -

Owwww fantastic. What I will do is reinstall MySQL 5.0.3 and change the weight column which you specified. At least I know next time what to do smile

Many Thanks to all - I'me sure this will help people who have encountered similar issues.

Regards,

Josh 

In reply to Jeff Graham

by Robert Saari -
Brilliant!  Thanks Jeff.  I was having the same issue, and your suggestion resolved the problem.  Kudos!
In reply to Robert Saari

by Josh Coombs -

"Brilliant!  Thanks Jeff.  I was having the same issue, and your suggestion resolved the problem.  Kudos!"

HEH! What can I say smile

Josh