Fordson Theme colours on dropdown lists & menus

Fordson Theme colours on dropdown lists & menus

by Joel Brown -
Number of replies: 4

Apologies in advance, CSS is far from my skillset but it seems i need it to get some tweaks made to my new Fordson theme.

Im running Moodle 3.9 and Fordson 3.9 release 1.1

The areas I'm having trouble with are on the dropdown list for enrolling students into a course as below

And on the settings dropdown for pages like the gradebook.

Using a completely different colour scheme originally I didn't notice this issue but I am constrained by the branding of the company and a black/white/grey is all I can really work with which for the most part, works fine. 
I've tried tweaking the general theme colour settings but haven't found a solution.
I did find that this same issue was on the Fordson theme menu when selecting colours, customising menues etc and I was able to amend this with the following Raw Initial SCSS:

$nav-tabs-link-active-bg:           #000;

$nav-tabs-link-active-color:        #fff;

Any help for what I can add here to address the two areas above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joel Brown

Re: Fordson Theme colours on dropdown lists & menus

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You can use the dropdown scss variables to change the color. For instance you could change the background color to $dropdown-bg: #ccc; Copy and paste your new colors into the top SCSS textbox on the Fordson Color page.

// Dropdowns
$dropdown-bg: $white !default;
$dropdown-border-color: rgba($black, 0.15) !default;
$dropdown-divider-bg: $gray-200 !default;
$dropdown-box-shadow: 0 0.5rem 1rem rgba($black, 0.175) !default;

$dropdown-link-color: $gray-900 !default;
$dropdown-link-hover-color: darken($gray-900, 5%) !default;
$dropdown-link-hover-bg: $gray-200 !default;

$dropdown-link-active-color: $white !default;
$dropdown-link-active-bg: $gray-400 !default;
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Joel Brown -
Legend, thank you.

Cant say I understand what I've just done but I've got all of the dropdowns and nav menus working now.

Cheers

by Héctor Terán -
I'm facing this same issue in moodle 3.10 and tried using this solution in moodle 3.10 and it broke it all, is there any possible solution for this? warm regards.

by Benoit Ter Burg -
Hi Chris,

Wonderful theme ! Thanks for this great job !

I succeeded to implement almost all the mods I need through CSS (about 30, essentially color changes and display:none on some menus items) .
But I miss only one more
I would like hide light grey border (or white coloring) on Navbar (Top left) and same on user menu (Top right)

I have no border when drop-down-menu is expanded, nor on menu title nor around expanded items group.
But border comes back on menu title after drop-down closing or focused on.

I tried a few things also with regular BootStrap settings and spent a lot of time in browser inspection tool) but without success.
Do you use a variable for this ? (I do not find this on forums or Theme doc)?

Many Thanks for your help!
Ben