New MoodleCloud plans for up to 1000 users (and much more!)

New MoodleCloud plans for up to 1000 users (and much more!)

by Lee Goldsworthy -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who participated in the MoodleCloud Users Survey in September this year. You were all very clear about what you wanted, so now your wishes are coming true!

We are excited to let you know that we have just launched new MoodleCloud Plans, and they’re pack full of what you were asking for!

New Large plan
By far the most requested improvement was larger plans, and today we can announce the MoodleCloud Large Plan, with 1000 users and 5GB storage.

New User Count that excludes Suspended users on all new plans
For new plans, we’ve changed the way we count Users to something that is better value for you. For all MoodleCloud customers on one of the new plans launched this week, suspended users will no longer be counted in your user quota. This works much better than deleting users, as you will still have their data and will be able to run reports on what they’ve previously completed.

Storage increases on all new plans
We’ve increased the storage on all new plans, and more than doubled it on others!

• Starter: Was 200MB, now 250MB
  • Mini: Was 200MB, now 500MB
  • Small: Was 400MB, now 1,000MB
  • Medium: Was 1,000MB, now 2,500MB
  • Large: 5,000MB

New Free Trials
Everyone not yet using MoodleCloud will be able to start a 45 Day Free Trial that includes all features from all plans. We thought it seemed fair that you should be able to try it before you buy it!

Ready to upgrade?
You can upgrade your plan from any existing Starter and School plans to the new plans at any time (the system will automatically give you a pro-rata refund on any unused time in your old plan too)!

If you do choose to move from a Moodle for School plan to one of our new MoodleCloud plans, please note that the following features are no longer available:

• School theme & school domain (sitename.moodle.school)
  • MoodleCloud theme
  • Group Choice Activity
  • Level up!
  • Quizventure

We have more information on important changes to read before upgrading from Moodle School to the new Moodle LMS plans.

Moodle School plans no longer available for purchase
They were with us for five years, but we’ve finally decided to retire the old Moodle for School plans, and they are no longer available for purchase. You can retain your existing Moodle for School plan if you are already on it (we’re not requiring you upgrade at this time, although we’ll highly likely end these plans entirely when Moodle v4 comes out in early 2022).

Thanks, and happy Moodling!

Lee Goldsworthy
Product Manager - MoodleCloud

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Goldsworthy

Re: New MoodleCloud plans for up to 1000 users (and much more!)

by Sameer Toor -
Thats exciting indeed. Does 100 user per session still apply to this?
In reply to Sameer Toor

by Kelly Howell -
Hi Sameer,

The 100 user limit on new plans only applies to BigBlueButton sessions. If your plan includes 1000 users then they are all able to access your MoodleCloud site simultaneously!

I hope this helps.

Kelly
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Kelly Howell

by Sameer Toor -
Thanks Kelly for your reply. It is so soothing to hear so.

I hope it would be updated on pricing page for clarity.

Sameer
In reply to Kelly Howell

by Marcus Birkenkrahe -

Hi, I am currently testing with the free plan and I'm confused about the pricing of the "Starter" plan and the allowed number of users: is this 50 user accounts altogether on the site, or per course? And are 10 or 100 participants allowed for BBB sessions? You say 100 but on the site, it says 10 somewhere. Lastly, if I want to teach in the US, but I am located in Europe, can I get US servers? Thanks and cheers from Berlin!

In reply to Marcus Birkenkrahe

by Kelly Howell -
Hi Marcus,
With our Starter Plan you can have up to 50 active user accounts and they are all able to access BigBlueButton sessions. There is an error on the page which will be corrected shortly - our apologies for any confusion. At signup you are able to select which region you would like your site to be hosted. You can choose from Europe, Australia or US. Even if you are located in Europe you can choose US servers.
I hope that this helps.
Kelly
Average of ratings:Useful (1)

by Igor Neumann -
They make way more sense than the previous one... if theyt were available earlier, we would probably still be with you guys, but 500 wasnt enough for us and 1Gb was a pain!

by Ly Green -

Hello, I have many problems with the school theme (moodlecloud for school), maybe is it for that reason that moodle no longer include it in the new version?.

I can't manage anything (settings, participants, qualification) within the courses, the administration, navigation, dashboard blocks do not appear, but they appear in boost theme.

It will be that I keep trying to solve the problems with this theme (school).

In reply to Ly Green

by Kelly Howell -
Hi Ly,

Existing Moodle for School plan sites should still be running normally. If you have customised the theme, then unbalanced HTML tags may make pages completely unusable (this is a known bug in Moodle documented here). 

If you contact MoodleCloud support from your Portal, we can investigate if this has occurred in your site.
Warm regards,
Kelly