Profile pages - show and tell

Profile pages - show and tell

by Stuart Lamour -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Profile pages in moodle are functional, but not too aesthetically pleasing. 

I'm starting this thread about profile pages for people to showcase what they have done, and why, to make profile pages work for learners and staff.

Let's start with the edwiser theme.

The page has a header with the actions available. 

Message is perhaps buried in the other options.

The profile shows the user image, name and social media links - which could perhaps be updated in moodle to be less dated (linkedin, twitter etc ?).

It also shows contacts and discussions. I like how it shows the number of discussions the user has created, but this isn't a link.

The right hand side uses tabs to show the other elements of the profile and includes course completion, start dates, image, and description.

The edit profile tab lets you edit from your profile page. I like how this is shown on the profile page, rather than on a separate page.

The cog icon tab shows the standard moodle profile page elements. 

I'm guessing this is included as its difficult code wise to output some of the more edgecase links here that power users might need.

I like how this design shows you the users profile details without them being buried somewhere in a list of links. 

Information is chunked in a clear understandable buckets, with clear titles.

I like how this design uses images for the courses and shows data about them. This may be a duplicate of the data on other pages for the user, but it's handy for privileged users to see.

Customising the page doesn't seem to do anything - there is no obvious way to add blocks so i'm not sure where they would display. 

Overall it looks more like the kind of profile page you would expect on a modern website so gets a thumbs up!

Any other examples people have of moodle (or even none moodle!) profile pages?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)