No Wiki Table of Contents in Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

No Wiki Table of Contents in Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

Just wondered if I'm the only one running into this issue:

When I add headers in a Wiki page, I expect to get an automatically generated Table of contents at the top of the page with links to the segments. I formatted the headers using Atto, which results in h3, h4 and h5 tags and also manually corrected those to h1, h2, and h3, but to no avail.

Is this a bug, a feature or has this been completely removed from the mod_wiki plugin? 

I've tested this on qa.moodledemo.net and school.moodledemo.net, with the same result as in my production Moodle instance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: No Wiki Table of Contents in Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Joost. I remember you mentioning this during the Learn Moodle MOOC and I tried and I did get a TOC in a wiki (I just used the Atto headers) Can you share a screenshot of how it doesn't work for you? I am wondering if my definition of TOC is not the same as yours or if there is an issue somewhere else...
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: No Wiki Table of Contents in Moodle 3.9 and 3.10

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary,

I think Im getting closer to what's going on. I added 3 Wiki instances as follows

In Safari, collab Wiki, forced HTML editor and added headers ==> I get a ToC

In Safari, collab Wiki, pick your own editor, and added headers ==> I get a ToC

In Chrome, collab Wiki, forced HTML editor, and added headers ==> I don't get a ToC

The cause may be found in the following: 

In Chrome, the Header tags also get a style attribute, whereas in Safari, they don't. 

In Chrome:

<h3 style="text-align:left;">Header text</h3>

In Safari:

<h3>Header text</h3>