Resume test

Resume test

by Rui DoubleG -
Number of replies: 2

How do I disable this option.

What I mean to say is if a student start an attempt on SEB, if he quits SEB then he cant join again. How do I do it?

Thanks;

Rui Borges

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rui DoubleG

Re: Resume test

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't know why this particular design decision was taken, however, I would guess it is because computers are not 100% reliable. Do you really want your students to fail their exam because some technical issue happens and causes them to get thrown out of the quiz? Surely it is better to let them resume?

However, I think there is an option in SEB to prevent sutdents from closing SEB themselves before they have completed the exam. Are you using that setting?
In reply to Rui DoubleG

Re: Resume test

by Thomas Korner -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Dear Rui
Do I understand you correctly, you would like that a student could can resume an exam on his own? May I ask, why should I want to do this? SEB actually tries to prevent students from accessing other sources. If a student can quit and resume, you basically don't need any SEB or security feature because you have no clue, what he does in the meantime.

Did I miss a point?
Best regards
Thomas
PS. Yes, Tim, you are right. There is a setting which prevents students from closing SEB on their own (quit password. This leads to the setting that a student only could finish the quiz to get out of SEB. If you know the quit password of SEB, then this is different. If something happens in our online assessment (e.g. keyboard breakdown) he gets manually another try (by the administrator and based on the former one) and can continue with the exam.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)