STACK doesn't sync seeds inside the same random group. Causes?

STACK doesn't sync seeds inside the same random group. Causes?

by Orestes Mas -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Translators

Hello,

I'm trying to use the "random group" feature of STACK questions with mixed results. I've user it successfully in my first quiz, but in my second one I cannot the different questions synchronised. This is shown in the attached image, which is a screen capture of the "attempt review" page, where the differents seed for each question are encircled in red.

Needless to say that I've carefully copied the "random group" string from the first question to the second one, and i deployed the same number of variants with the same seeds in each question. No luck.

However, regarding this last point, I noticed that the automatic deployment didn't choose the same seeds: I had to deploy the desired seeds manually. This is in contrast with the first quiz, in which when I deployed automatically the same number of variants on some (synchronized) question, the deployed variants were always the same than the already deployed. This seems an indication that something is broken in my second quiz, but I cannot find what.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Orestes Mas

Re: STACK doesn't sync seeds inside the same random group. Causes?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are the seeds in the second question listed in the same order as the ones in the first?