Installing Adaptable theme requires "bootstrapbase?"

Installing Adaptable theme requires "bootstrapbase?"

by Sean Murray -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I just completed a brand new fresh install of the latest version of Moodle (3.1.0) on CentOS 7.9. The first thing I wanted to do after logging in was change the theme. When I try to install the Adaptable theme, I get a dependency error that states:

"Not in the Plugins directorytheme_bootstrapbase."

However, there doesn't seem to be an option to install that theme. As a matter of fact, I can't even find it on the plugins site. Additionally, Adaptable claims it is a child theme of "Boost." I also cannot find just plain "Boost" as a theme or plugin.

Help please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Murray

Re: Installing Adaptable theme requires "bootstrapbase?"

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you mean Moodle 3.1.0 or Moodle 3.10? But I suspect that you're trying to install Adaptable for Moodle 3.1 on Moodle 3.10, so it won't work, hence the issues. The Boost theme comes with Moodle. Whilst Adaptable for Moodle 3.9 may appear to work on 3.10, there are some issues with it. Currently there is no version of Adaptable for Moodle 3.10 - complicated story on when / if there will be.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sean Murray -
Ah thank you very much. Makes sense smile
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Marcos SarLo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Gareth,

I have updated my Moodle 3.5.18 with Adaptable 1.8.0.1 to Moodle 3.9.9+ and I don't know how to update Adaptable since in the Overview of Extensions - Additional Plugins it says:

Theme Adaptable

Could you tell me how to update Adaptable? I understand that I must install Adaptable 3.9.1.3 (2020073110), but what I do with Base Bootstrap (theme_bootstrapbase) which is required by: theme_adaptable

I hope you can help me.

Marcos.

In reply to Marcos SarLo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Adaptable 3.9.1.3 doesn't require Bootstrapbase.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)