Can a Certificate be Awarded Based Upon Criteria from Multiple Courses?

Can a Certificate be Awarded Based Upon Criteria from Multiple Courses?

by Stephanie Worden -
Number of replies: 2

I need to be able to either (a) award a certificate on the system level, or (b) use the criteria of the completion of multiple courses from within one particular course.

I need to be able to do this because we have multiple courses set up for students, and once they have completed a particular set of courses, they have earned a certain equivalency of high school credit.  Because of circumstances beyond my control, I was not given the time to set up course prerequisites to force students to take courses in a particular order and doing so now would compromise user data, so the only alternative I can see is in Course C, I need to be able to use completion of Course A, Course B, AND Course C (or the completion of the final post-test in each of those courses) as requirements for students to be able to view and download a high school credit certificate.  Can the Custom certificate plugin do this, or be modified to do this?  Alternatively, can a teacher or the system administrator manually award a certificate?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephanie Worden

Re: Can a Certificate be Awarded Based Upon Criteria from Multiple Courses?

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry, I do not believe this is possible. However, there may be a plugin that does allow this behaviour. It is best to ask this in the General help forums as it is not specifically related to the Custom certificate. The restriction settings for this plugin are just using the core's API and does not perform the logic itself.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Nelson

Re: Can a Certificate be Awarded Based Upon Criteria from Multiple Courses?

by Stephanie Worden -
Thanks! I thought I might need to check the General help forums, but wanted to start here in case it was something I could do with this plugin.

Thanks for the information!