hi to all,
OK this title appears almost every discussion before. I have read them. (almost all. I gave up after understanding that my problem kind a unique but the error code is same.)
I know that you will understand. So, here is my problem;
I am trying to move from a sharing host to a dedicated server. (There are 1500 users on this shared hos using Moodle and when the learners are given exams for a limited period of time, the expected thing happens and the server crashes. So we have decided to move.) Before moving, I wanted to test that if I could move the database and run in my local machine.
here is what I have done;
1. Put the moodle in maintenance mode
3. download the database. (I do not need the entire data for now. )
4. back in my local machine(running Ubuntu server 20.04) using phpmyadmin I imported the database to the local machine.
5. Install needed software and moodle. in the config file I pointed the imported database and write the needed info. (user, password..)
6. When I try to run moodle it throws the message "error reading from database' and nothing else. (debugging lines are added in config.php)
Thanks in advance...