Serenity and Boxxie Themes

Serenity and Boxxie Themes

by Carl Byerley -
Number of replies: 1

I have been using the Serenity and Boxxie themes in Moodle 2.6.1 for many years and procrasticating against upgrading. I have finally upgraded to 3.10 and have installed the themes Serenity and Boxxie because I like them so well and it is what my students are use to.

I am having some issues with them that mainly have to do with display, I have attached a couple of screen shots.

The calendar does not display correctly and you will see from looking at the site page that the titles are double written. This is what I have noticed so far but would really like to see it fixed.

This is the latest version of the templates as downloaded last week. I also installed the  required themes, base, waxed, canvas.

Any help is appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Byerley

Re: Serenity and Boxxie Themes

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry Carl, but Serenity hasn't been updated since Moodle3.2 and Boxxie since Moodle 2.7
Themes have changed significantly in that time and I'm afraid that getting either of them to work in Moodle3.10 is going to take a LOT of work and is probably easier to start from scratch and try to replicate the look and feel in a proper 3.10 Moodle.
Not just the implementation of Bootstrap, but the reliance on it in current Moodle Themes (and that has gone through several iterations in that time).

PS, I don't think my waxed theme is a required parent theme for either of them - Although it was first released before Serenity went out of support, it certainly wasn't around for earlier Moodles that Serenity supports and definitely not for Boxxie.