Cron failing at "Looking for quiz overdue quiz attempts..."

Cron failing at "Looking for quiz overdue quiz attempts..."

José Gregorio Arévalo Piña - келді
Number of replies: 1

Hi! I'm having some issues on my site, the Cron job is not running properly

I'm currently running Moodle 3.3.2 (Build: 20170911)

Whenever the Cron tries to run (o I try to run it) it gets stuck at (core\task\legacy_plugin_cron_task)

Here's an output I copied when I tried to run it

Server Time: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 23:54:22 -0400

Execute scheduled task: Procesamiento heredado de extensiones (core\task\legacy_plugin_cron_task)
... started 23:54:22. Current memory use 7MB.
Running auth crons if required...
Running enrol crons if required...
Starting activity modules
Processing module function quiz_cron ...

Looking for quiz overdue quiz attempts...

Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /home/cedetahucom/public_html/cedetahu-virtual/question/type/gapselect/questionbase.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined index:  in /home/cedetahucom/public_html/cedetahu-virtual/question/type/gapselect/questionbase.php on line 130

Fatal error: Call to a member function summarise() on null in /home/cedetahucom/public_html/cedetahu-virtual/question/type/ddimageortext/questionbase.php on line 65
I purged all caches, tried to run scheduled tasks individually, and some of them ran, but whenever the Cron tries to run, it fails at the afore mentioned point.

Upgrading to a newer version of Moodle is not an option I currently coul afford, as the site is (highly) active and running several courses

I hope you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

In reply to José Gregorio Arévalo Piña

Re: Cron failing at "Looking for quiz overdue quiz attempts..."

Bret Miller - келді
Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті
May I suggest you get on a more regular upgrade schedule?

The earliest support Moodle for bugs at this point is 3.9. Moodle 3.8 and 3.5 still get security fixes for now, but that's all. Moodle 3.3.9+ is minor update that should run pretty quickly. If you've hit a bug, it's possible that it might be resolved in that release. That would be my short-term suggestion.

Otherwise, you would need a programmer willing to try to track down what is happening and patch it somehow.

You really need to strike a balance between not wanting to upgrade and being on a supported release. Otherwise when you get a bug like this, you are just stuck. We run the previous supported release generally. Right now we are on 3.8.latest. We will upgrade to 3.9 after this term ends latest this month. Basically, you should plan for 2 upgrades a year to stay supported. If you plan for them, you can do them during less busy times in your schedule.