Student to Teacher Messaging

Student to Teacher Messaging

ó $a->name - $a->date
Number of replies: 1
Are there any communication plugins that aid Student to Teacher communication that works on Moodle 3.9??? 
Meán na gcomhlán: -
In reply to Bruce Musinguzi

Re: Student to Teacher Messaging

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
When I was actively teaching, I used the Dialogue plugin. On it's Moodle download page, it is listed only for Moodle 3.4 and lower. However, if you go to the link for it's github source, there is a a 3.5 version there. I currently have Dialogue 3.2 running on Moodle 3.8 without any problems. I also have the Dialogue 3.5 running on Moodle 3.10.

I forget how I did it, but before I retired I know I had Dialogue setup on the front page of my Moodle, with it set to appear on every page. I also played with the permissions and groups and had it set so that teachers could create a message to anyone, but students could ONLY create a message with a teacher. If my memory is correct, the biggest part of getting that to work was that the students had to be in groups of one.

Dialogue has some really nice features such as messaging by conversation, and being able to send and receive files. Can even record audio/video in messages.